It is protrusion of the anal veins around anus or in anal canal get swollen and inflamed. Anal veins get dilated due to straining during stools and block the anal canal so further defecation becomes difficult
It is the condition arising from congestion of blood vessels in rectum and chronic constipation
Types of piles:
1) Internal piles:
- It is develop inside anal canal in this piles pain is less but bleeding occurs. These types of piles hang down outside anus. It can graded according to how far they protrude from anus
- First degree piles are swelling on the inside lining of anal canal. They may bleed but cant seen from outside anus
- Second degree piles are larger than first degree piles They come out from anus when have a bowel movement and go back inside on their own afterwards
- Third degree piles are hanging down from anus and go inside when you push them in
- Fourth degree piles are permanently hang down from anus and you can’t push them back in. They may become very swollen and painful if the blood inside them clots.
2) External piles:
It is swelling that develops further down anal canal. They can be more painful than internal types of piles.
- Bleeding from anus
- Lump in or around anus
- Discharge of mucus
- Feeling of unsatisfactory motion
- Itching around anus
- Swelling around anus
- Pain and discomfort after bowel movement
It develops when the veins of anal canal become swollen. It happens for number of reasons including.
- Secondary life style
- Increased pressure in abdomen
- eg: during pregnancy
- Not eating enough fiber
- Having family H/O Piles
- Chronic Diarrhoea
Homeopathic treatment for piles:
In piles homeopathy acts on dilated vein it slowly reduces the size of protrusion & then mass disappears The block is removed & thus the stool become satisfactory & person complaints get relived.
Homoeopathic medicine that acts on piles are Aloves, Nux vomica, Capcicum, Sulphur, Ars alb, Lycopodium, Sillicea, Kali Carb.