In asthma, patient feels breathless, difficulty in breathing while exertion, and suffers from rattling of mucus in chest, wheezing sound in chest, recurrent cough and coryza.
- Pollengrains of flowers, Change of weather, Exposure to cold air, winter and rainy season, Lack of exercise, Low immunity causes recurrent respiratory tract infection which results in asthma or breathing problems. Irregular eating habits, Mental stress, Swelling of respiratory tract
Hereditary plays very important role in healing asthma.
Types of asthma
1) Allergic asthma
This type of asthma usually starts in childhood. It is mainly caused by eczema hereditary & genetic factor.
2) Infective/Intrinsic asthma
It is usually caused by URTI & viral infection. This type of asthma is usually caused by recurrent upper respiratory tract infections or bronchial infections mostly viral infection. This type 2 is not hereditary.
According to homoeopathy important causes of asthma are Fear, anxiety, depression, mental stress.
- Observing history, we come to know that patient suffers from asthma at some specific times such as in early morning at 3-4 am after walking, afternoon while sleeping.
- In some cases after eating specific things for e.g. sweets, sour, cold things etc.
- In some cases slight changes of weather causes attack of asthma & in some patients they feel comfortable or feel better during attacks by sitting erect in chair or in open air, sleeping on abdomen
- We as a homoeopath try to find out the exact mental state before, during the attack of asthma, some patients become very irritable, depressed, no desire to work, weakness.
- Recent study shows that women gets more attack of asthma during 10th to 20th day of menses & people working on it suffers because of mental stress, target workload, irregular eating habits, lack of exercise.
- In such patients, we can cure asthma with homoeopathy
Remedies: Ipecac, Kali bich, Ars alb, Nat Sulph, Nux vom.