Headache is defined as pain arising from the head or upper neck of the body. It originates from the tissues and structure that surrounds the skill or the brain. Headache is also known as cephalgia.
Causes of Headache:
- Fatigue, Sleep Deprivation, Stress, Effects of medicine overuse.
- Effects of recreational drugs.
- Rapid ingestion of very cold food orfeverages.
- Intracerebral bleeding, Idiopathic Intracranial.
- Hypertension, Brain Tumour, Inflammation of one of 12 cranial nerves.
- Viral infections, Migraine, Loud noises, Common cold, Head injury.
- Dental or sinus problems, Hangover headache, Headache dlt muscle contraction.
- Trigeminal neurogia, Exertional headache, Sex related headache.
Cautions: Sudden onset (maximal immediately or within minutes) can be due to -
- Suborachnoid haemorrhage.
- Cerebral venous sinus, thrombosis.
- Pituitary Apopiexy, Meningitis.
Headache may be located in any one part of face, skill or neck or it may be generalised headache. Headache can be described as throbbing, sqneezing, constant and unrelenting or intermittent. Hedache may be associated with activity and exercise. It may be acute or chronic in nature. It may be associated with nausea and vomitting as in migraine. It may be associated with fever/Rosh. It may be associted with light, moise sensitivity.
Auxillary mode of Treatment
- Maximizing rest period and staying well hydrated.
- Recognizing and minimizing stressful situations.
- Rubbing or massaging the temples or the muscles of the neck and back.
- Homeopathy is a holistic silence i.e. treating the diseased person as a whole and not only treating affected part.
- In homeopathy for headache, we are not only considering the particular part i.e head but here we focus on diseased person as a whole i.e his constitution, nature, other complaints, causative factors, etc.
- So, for headache we take his causative factors, modalities, sensations,mentals i.e any stress factor, environmental factor to treat the diseased individual.
- Belladonna: Alf - draught of air, uncovering head, hair cut. Congestion and fullness of head, throbbingcorotids. Throbbing headache with flushed face. Noise, jar, motion, light, lying down exertion.
- Natrum muriaticum: Headache -anaemic of school girls,from sunrise to sunset. Headache begins with blindness with zizzig, dazzling, like lightening in eyes. Sensation as if thousands little hammers were knocking in the brain.
- Glonoine: Sun headache - increases and decreases every day with sun. Terrific shock in the head synchronous with the pulse. Thrbbing,pulsating headache, holds head with both hands, could not lie down,"the pillow would beat".
- Spigelia: Nervous headache,periodical begining in morning,at the base of brain, spreading over the head and locating in eye,orbit and temples of left side. Headache from sunrise to sunset. Pain pulsating,violent,throbbing.
- Silicra: Chronic sick headache,since some severse disease of youth. Headache ascending from nope of neck to the vertel, as if coming from the spinse and locating in one eye, especially right. Drafts of air, uncovering head.
- Sanguinaria: Periodical sick headache,begins in morning, increases during the day. Lasts until evening. Head feels as if it would burst, or as if eyes would be pressed out. American sick headache. Sleep,by perfect quiet in dark room.