Psoriasis is a chronic (long-term) & tenacious skin disorder characterised by too quick growth, maturation and death of skin cells. This results in development of thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin. It is believed to be an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body's defence system attacks healthy cells of the body.
Few of our amazing remedies for Psoriasis include:
- Mezereum for psoriasis with oozy, acrid moist eruptions, thick leather-like crust with pus beneath.
- Mercurius solubilis for psoriasis eruptions that are moist, excoriated with burning worse at night.
- Thyroidinum for psoriasis on dry and impoverished skin, where the skin of hands and feet is cold.
- Sulphur for psoriasis with extreme burning and itching worse after bathing, at night, warmth of bed.
Untreated psoriasis can lead to:
- Thickened skin with added-on bacterial infection
- Fluid and electrolyte imbalance in severe psoriasis
- Joints swelling, tenderness, and pain in psoriatic affections of joints
- Psoriasis can cause low self-esteem, depression, stress, anxiety, social isolation, etc.
- Psoriasis increases risk for hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, certain cancers, etc.
- Raised, bright red patches of skin that are mostly covered with loose, silvery scales.
- Small areas of bleeding where the skin scales are scraped off or picked while scratching.
- Mild scales to thick, crusted plaques on the skin with itching and sudden flare-ups.
- Typical patches develop after injuries like cut, burn, or too much exposure to the sun.
- Patches may develop on joints along with joint swelling, tenderness and pain.
Types of Psoriasis
1) Plaque Psoriasis:-
This is the most common type about 8 to 10 people of Psoriasis have this kind it may also called "Psoriasis Vulgaris"
- Plaque Psoriasis may causes raised inflamed, red skin covered of Silvery, white scales.
- These Patches may itch and burn it can appear anywhere on your body but often pops up the following areas of body.
- Lower back
2) Guttate Psoriasis:-
This type often starts in children / young adults.
- It happens less than 2% of cases.
- It causes small, Pink-red spots on your skin.
- Upper arms
3) Inverse Psoriasis:-
This type shows up areas that are bright red, smooth & Shiny, but don't have scales.
- Under the breast
- Skin folds around the genitals & buttocks it may worsen of sweating & rubbing.
4) Pustular Psoriasis:-
It is an uncommon & mostly appears in adults.
It causes pus filled bumps (pustules) surrounded by red skin.
This type show up on one area of your body such as the hands & feet.
5) Erythrodermic Psoriasis:-
It is least common, but very serious it affects most of your body & causes widespread, fiery skin & appears burn.
- Severe itching burning or peeling.
- A faster heart rate.
- Change in body temperature.
6) Nail Psoriasis:-
This is more common in people having Psoriatic arthritis, which affects your joint
- Even half of those of Psoriasis have nail changes.
- Pitting of your nails.
- Tender, Painful nails.
- Separation of the nails from the bed.
- Color changes (yellow brown)
- Chalk-like material under your nails.
- Fungal infection.
7) Psoriatic arthritis:-
This is a condition where you have between Psoriasis & Arthritis (Joint inflammation). In 70% of cases, people have Psoriasis for about 10 yr before developing Psoriatic arthritis.
- Symp is Painful, stiff in morning & after rest.
- Sausage like swelling of the fingers & toe, it may be discolored.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Psoriasis?
- Homoeopathy offers the most definitive treatment for this stubborn disease condition.
- Homeopathy targets the 'autoimmune' component (root cause) of psoriasis, NOT JUST its superficial symptoms
- It brings back on track the immune system that has gone astray, thereby eliminating the root cause of psoriasis
- Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis significantly reduces the intensity and duration of flare-ups
- It provides the most wholesome, complete and long-lasting solace from this obstinate ailment.
Check Out the Gallery of Psoriasis Patients: