Psoriasis is a chronic Autoimmune condition, that is, a condition in which your immune system mistakenly attacks your own body. Because of which it causes the rapid buildup of skin cells. This buildup of cells causes scaling on the skin. Psoriasis is the result of a speed-up skin production process. Typically, skin cells grow deep in the skin and slowly rise to the surface. Eventually, they fall off. The typical life cycle of a skin cell is one month. In people with psoriasis, this production process may occur in just a few days. Because of this, skin cells don’t have time to fall off. This rapid overproduction leads to the buildup of skin cells, eventually leading to PSORIASIS.
What causes psoriasis?
1) IMMUNE SYSTEM: Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition.. In the case of
psoriasis, white blood cells known as T cells mistakenly attack the skin cells.
2) GENETICS: Some people inherit genes that make them more likely to
develop psoriasis. If you have an immediate family member with the skin
condition, your risk for developing psoriasis is higher.
4) Medications-lithium, ant malarial medications, high blood pressure
5) Infection. If you’re sick or battling an infection, your immune system will go into overdrive to fight the infection. This might start another psoriasis flare-up. Strep throat is a common trigger.
6) Non vegetarian food
7) Some vegetable triggers itching
Psoriasis symptoms differ from person to person . Areas of psoriasis can be as small as a few flakes on the scalp or elbow, or cover the majority of the body.
The most common symptoms of psoriasis include:
- red, raised, inflamed patches of skin
- whitish-silver scales or plaques on the red patches
- dry skin that may crack and bleed
- soreness around patches
- itching and burning sensations around patches
- thick, pitted nails
- painful, swollen joints
- chronic dandruff with flasks from scalp
Is psoriasis contagious?
Psoriasis is not contagious. You can’t pass the skin condition from one person to another. Touching a psoriatic lesion on another person won’t cause you to develop the condition.
From homoeopathic point of view, Psoriasis involves two separation conflicts; one causing a flaky skin, the other showing as an inflammation. The two phases overlap at the same area(s), presenting as silvery scales on a thick, red surface.
Newborns suffer the conflict when they are separated from the mother at birth (put in an incubator, given up for adoption). Children also experience separation conflicts when they are scolded, punished or abused, when a new sibling is born who gets more attention, when the parents split up, when they are not allowed to see their friends, when they have to separate from a favorite doll, teddy bear, also, when the mother goes back to work, when they are put into daycare, kindergarten or to relatives.
Similarly, the elderly feel separated from the “pack” when they have to move into a nursing home or after the death of a life-long spouse or companion. The fear of losing touch or contact with someone (the threat of a divorce, a difficult long-distance or weekend relationship, the fear that a loved one might leave, move away, or die) or feeling rejected by a person. By the same token, the conflict refers to wanting to separate from a person in the sense of wanting but not being able to push someone away (literally or figuratively), for example, a terrorizing boss or teacher, an annoying colleague or schoolmate, or an abusive parent or spouse .
A separation conflict also pertains to wanting to separate from something close to the skin
(face mask, oxygen mask, a helmet, hat, clothing, shoes, tight stockings, wet linen, wet diapers). The same applies to a separation from something that one is no longer allowed or able to touch (a musical instrument, keyboard, tennis racket, golf club, steering wheel) or feel on the
skin (an engagement ring, a favorite pillow)
The best way to cure skin conditions such as psoriasis is to treat them the homeopathic way, from the inside out. This requires selecting a specific homeopathic remedy that addresses the whole person and restores the body to harmonious balance.
Homeopathy understands that a skin eruption such as psoriasis is essentially an external manifestation of a situation where the body’s immune system is waging a battle, and doing a pretty good job of pushing the threat away from major organs such as the joints, lungs, heart, brain, and eventually out of the body.The important thing is that the body has protected itself,
although it has not yet resolved the problem completely. It needs time.
The trouble is that typically we hardly allow our body the time it needs to handle things on its own. We meddle with its natural attempt to drive out the problem from within. Worse still, we push the problem inwards to a deeper, more dangerous level with the routine use of conventional (allopathic) over-the-counter (OTC) steroidal creams and ointments, which suppress the disorder instead of treating it.
By contrast, what homeopathy does is stimulate and strengthen the body’s own inner workings and immune system towards driving the aberration right out of the body - not just from the surface.
If you have any symptom
- immediately contact your near by doctor
- avoid to use any chemical product
- avoid skin drying product
- drink plenty of water
- eat fresh food and fruits
- don’t take only symptomatic treatment and steroid
Untreated psoriasis can lead to:
- Thickened skin with added-on bacterial infection
- Fluid and electrolyte imbalance in severe psoriasis
- Joints swelling, tenderness, and pain in psoriatic affections of joints
- Psoriasis can cause low self-esteem, depression, stress, anxiety, social isolation, etc.
- Psoriasis increases risk for hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, certain cancers, etc.
- Raised, bright red patches of skin that are mostly covered with loose, silvery scales.
- Small areas of bleeding where the skin scales are scraped off or picked while scratching.
- Mild scales to thick, crusted plaques on the skin with itching and sudden flare-ups.
- Typical patches develop after injuries like cut, burn, or too much exposure to the sun.
- Patches may develop on joints along with joint swelling, tenderness and pain.
Types of Psoriasis
1) Plaque Psoriasis:-
This is the most common type about 8 to 10 people of Psoriasis have this kind it may also called "Psoriasis Vulgaris"
- Plaque Psoriasis may causes raised inflamed, red skin covered of Silvery, white scales.
- These Patches may itch and burn it can appear anywhere on your body but often pops up the following areas of body.
- Lower back
2) Guttate Psoriasis:-
This type often starts in children / young adults.
- It happens less than 2% of cases.
- It causes small, Pink-red spots on your skin.
- Upper arms
3) Inverse Psoriasis:-
This type shows up areas that are bright red, smooth & Shiny, but don't have scales.
- Under the breast
- Skin folds around the genitals & buttocks it may worsen of sweating & rubbing.
4) Pustular Psoriasis:-
It is an uncommon & mostly appears in adults.
It causes pus filled bumps (pustules) surrounded by red skin.
This type show up on one area of your body such as the hands & feet.
5) Erythrodermic Psoriasis:-
It is least common, but very serious it affects most of your body & causes widespread, fiery skin & appears burn.
- Severe itching burning or peeling.
- A faster heart rate.
- Change in body temperature.
6) Nail Psoriasis:-
This is more common in people having Psoriatic arthritis, which affects your joint
- Even half of those of Psoriasis have nail changes.
- Pitting of your nails.
- Tender, Painful nails.
- Separation of the nails from the bed.
- Color changes (yellow brown)
- Chalk-like material under your nails.
- Fungal infection.
7) Psoriatic arthritis:-
This is a condition where you have between Psoriasis & Arthritis (Joint inflammation). In 70% of cases, people have Psoriasis for about 10 yr before developing Psoriatic arthritis.
- Symp is Painful, stiff in morning & after rest.
- Sausage like swelling of the fingers & toe, it may be discolored.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Psoriasis?
- Homoeopathy offers the most definitive treatment for this stubborn disease condition.
- Homeopathy targets the 'autoimmune' component (root cause) of psoriasis, NOT JUST its superficial symptoms
- It brings back on track the immune system that has gone astray, thereby eliminating the root cause of psoriasis
- Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis significantly reduces the intensity and duration of flare-ups
- It provides the most wholesome, complete and long-lasting solace from this obstinate ailment.
Check Out the Gallery of Psoriasis Patients: